Friday 9 October 2009

Pipe Tobacco: Gawith and Hoggarth Bright CR Flake (8/10)

Yes, I am posting another Gawith and Hoggarth, and for those who do not have access to these tobaccos, I apologise. But they form the majority of the bulk tobaccos available at the Durham tobacconist, so naturally they are what I buy. Worry not however, we'll have a few tinned and/or widely available pipe tobacco reviews up soon!

The Bright CR Flake is yes, a Gawith and Hoggarth Kendal pipe tobacco, but it is superb! (I do not know what the CR stands for, and if anyone can enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it). The tobacco is a fine Virgina leaf; it tastes light and mild, but nevertheless gives you a strong nicotine buzz. It is neither sweet, nor dry, but well-balanced, and there is a slight hint of raisin.

I very much enjoyed this tobacco, and I will certainly be buying it again. Because it is light and mild, I also would recommend this as a must for beginners! Definitely give this one a try!

  • Flavour: 5/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 5/10
  • Tar (1=very wet, 10=very dry): 5/10
  • Value for Money: 5/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 7/10
  • Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment