Friday 13 February 2009

Pipe Tobacco: Brown Twist (4/10)

The Brown Twist is tobacco- pure and simple... The makers Gawith and Hoggarth advertise that the Brown Twist is the most natural of all pipe tobaccos, free from additives. So, if you are looking for something similar to what the Native Americans passed around in the peace pipe- this is it.

Having said that, I cannot say that I am a fan. The Brown Twist is alright, but if I want tobacco in a pure form, I definitely prefer a fine Cuban cigar. The Brown Twist features a very earthy flavour, and is incredibly dry. This is not due to the tobacco itself being dry- in fact the shreds I was given were quite moist and well-kept, but nevertheless, produced a very dry smoke. Definitely keep a drink to hand! In addition, the Brown Twist produces a fairly light smoke that is not particularly strong, and is quite difficult to keep lit- I had to relight several times. Give it a try if you want, but it's certainly not a favourite for me.
  • Flavour: 3/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 2/10
  • Tar (1=wet, 10=dry): 9/10
  • Value for Money: 4/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 3/10
  • Overall Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment