Sunday 18 January 2009

Rollie Tobacco: Burley Flake (5/10)

Well, we have reviewed a cigar, a pipe tobacco and two cigarillos, so naturally, it's time for a review of a rollie tobacco. The first such rollie tobacco I shall review (and I say 'I' because my compatriot doesn't smoke rollies) is the Burley Flake.

Burley tobacco is lightly air-cured, and is the primary tobacco used in most cigarettes. It can also form the base for many aromatic or non-aromatic blends of tobacco because of its light neutral flavour. The Burley Flake I purchase from the Durham Tobacconist is simply this lightly cured tobacco, without any additives. Thus it has a very enjoyable natural flavour, neutral, not-overwhelming, and thus very enjoyable for a rollie. The particular type I buy is also a thicker shred, which not only is a bit cheaper, but I believe produces a tastier and less hot smoke than the finely shredded rollie tobaccos one would find in a pack of Golden Virginia or Drum for example.
  • Flavour: 4/10
  • Sweetness: 3/10
  • Tar (1=wet, 10=dry): 7/10
  • Value for Money: 7/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 2/10
  • Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment