Saturday 17 January 2009

Cigarillo: Cafe Creme Blue (2/10)

I must admit I had to smoke more than one of the Cafe Creme Blues to really understand exactly what Henri Wintermans (the maker, based in Holland) was getting at. To be honest, I am still not sure what I think of them- whether I like them or not... I think my opinion of them will always depend greatly on externals- such as whether smoked with a coffee, a beer, or a cocktail, and whether it is morning, afternoon or evening. I do think however, that these are morning smokes, and would accompany a cappucino far more than a pint of bitter.

To be honest, we were not disappointed with these cigarillos, but nor were we impressed. They have a medium-loose packing of short filler (typical for a cigarillo), and feature a light minty essence in the moderately sweet smoke. One can tell of the light addition of some sugary susbstance because of the blackness of the ash, but this sweetness is thankfully not overbearing.

A pack of ten Cafe Creme Blues will typically cost you between £3.50 and £4.00.

  • Smoking time: 4-8 minutes
  • Flavour: 4/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 7/10
  • Tar (1=very wet, 10=very dry): 7/10
  • Value for Money: 5/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 2/10
  • Overall Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment