Sunday 3 May 2009

Cigar: Jacob van Meer Corona (4/10)

Jacob van Meer is another Dutch cigar manufacturer, and I have found it very difficult to find them for sale in the UK via the internet. Nevertheless, they are readily available in the EU. Their coronas are made of Belgian short filler (stems and bits) in an Indonesian tobacco wrapper.

We thought these cigars were alright, certainly nothing special, and I have very little to comment on. Moderate tar, neither a dry nor sweet smoke, they were simply a fairly average cigar. I have little complaint, except that they were loosely packed which made them smoke a bit hotter than would be desirable.

In the Netherlands a box of ten of the Jacob van Meer Coronas will cost around €13. In the UK, if you can find them, I would expect the price to be at least £17 for ten, due to the extra tax.


  • Smoking time: 20-30 minutes
  • Flavour: 5/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 5/10
  • Tar (1=very wet, 10=very dry): 5/10
  • Value for Money: 5/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 3/10
  • Overall Rating: 4/10
  • 2 comments:

    1. as a matter of fact,Jacob van Meer is made by Vandermarliere, a cigar producer in Belgium

      ReplyDelete
    2. per bjarne nissen29 May 2010 at 03:58

      Hallo Jacob van Meer.
      I contakt Your factury then I will arsk Yoy , Can I have at Cigarbands from You, I have 40.000 difrens cigarbands from old wold.
      thang you.
      per bjarne Nissen
      Ringgade 68
      DK 6400 Sønderborg.

      ReplyDelete