Sunday 26 April 2009

Cigarillo: Panter Mignon Sweets (4/10)

Upon first seeing the name 'Mignon Sweets,' the only thought that ran through my head was 'what a bloody pretentious name!' Upon having done a bit of research, Panter is a very well-selling brand, so they must be doing something right... but onto the cigarillo itself.


The Mignon Sweets were most certainly sweet, a little too sweet for my taste, but I can appreciate that some people enjoy that, and certainly many non-smokers prefer to sit in clouds of sweet smoke rather than non-sweet smoke... I also found them to have an incredibly nutty flavour (macadamia nut perhaps?), more so than any other tobacco I have tried. The cigarillos were made of a hybrid filler and were moderately tarry. Unfortunately they also succumbed to the bane of most cigarillos- becoming unbearably hot towards the end.

The Panter 'Mignon Sweets' (as well as most of the rest of their cigarillo line) will cost about £8.50 for twenty, so not a bad price. They can also often be found in Duty Free at airports for considerably less (my associate found them for €4.40 for 20 in Amsterdam).


  • Smoking time: 4-7 minutes
  • Flavour: 4/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 8/10
  • Tar (1=very wet, 10=very dry): 4/10
  • Value for Money: 7/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 2/10
  • Overall Rating: 4/10
  • 1 comment:

    1. I just got a pack of these this afternoon.

      Canadian retaillers sell a pack of 20 for 25 canadian dollars. Not so cheap over here!

      These were the first cigars/cigarillos I've ever smoked, so I don't really have any points of reference to compare with at this point. The migion sweets smell very nice before being lit. I was a bit underwhelmed by the taste...but it was at least better than smoking a plain old cigarette. But is that really hard to beat?

      Anyway, what kind of cigarillos would you recommend? Something a little better than these mignion sweets of course.

      Peace

      -blues

      ReplyDelete