Monday 13 July 2009

Cigar: Don Julian No. 1 (6/10)

Don Julian is a cigar manufacturer operating in Spain and Portugal, and their cigars can be found in most tobacconists on the Iberian peninsula, and quite possibly in some UK ones as well. The No. 1 coronas we tried (pre-cut and machine-rolled, but well-sealed) were made of Sumatran tobacco, and were ridiculously light in flavour; a very 'blond' smoke. Though I generally like my cigars to be pungent, thick and flavoursome, these were not bad- certainly there were no negative flavours at all.

My colleague (who tried more of these than I did) told me that he had a couple good ones, but a couple bad ones as well, so unfortunately we are left with another one of those inconsistent manufacturers. Give them a try if you like, especially if you prefer a very light smoke. A pack of five will cost around 10 euros, and a bit more in the UK.
  • Smoking time: 10-15 minutes
  • Flavour: 3/10
  • Smoke Sweetness: 5/10
  • Tar (1=very wet, 10=very dry): 5/10
  • Value for Money: 6/10
  • Indulgence Factor: 6/10
  • Overall Rating: 6/10

9 comments:

  1. Dear sir.

    I have just found this blog trough google and i must say that you are doing a fenomonal work for the civilised world by posting these reviews.

    Your language itself is so elegant that it is a reason to read this blog itself and i will enjoy reading this blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Jordynn, and I am working with a friend to help him grow his cigar website called www.cigarsdirect.com. We feature some of the finest cigars in the world like Opus X, Padron, Anejo's plus many more! Our customer service is second to none and our online reputation proves it! I was hoping that you would take a look at our website and consider adding us to your links section on your website located: www.cigarsandpipes.blogspot.com
    and in return we will give you free cigars!

    Please let me know if this would be possible! Thanks again for your time and consideration!

    Sincerely,

    Jordynn Haskins
    jordynnhaskins7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long will the don julian cigars keep in there rap. I was gifted some that are 6 years old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the mine has 12 years and and I don't know if I can smoke -.-'

      Delete
  4. Where can I buy these cigars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find Don Julian please let me know.
      was@andystewart.com

      Delete
  5. wher can i buy don julian cigars ! i'm in florida usa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can post some

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d like to find some for my girlfriends father he’s in the UK and I’m in the state. If anybody can tell me how to get them please do.

    ReplyDelete